Crowns are a versatile solution for many tooth problems. They are often used to cover discolored, chipped, or broken teeth. The resulting combination of the crown cemented on the tooth leaves the tooth stronger, and with a more positive prognosis than before.
Dental crowns can be made from porcelain, ceramic, metal or composite materials. With the right solution, they restore both the look and function of your smile.
Why Dental Crowns
If your smile needs repaired, crowns offer several advantages, including:
- Mimic the appearance of natural teeth
- Made with stain resistant materials
- Increase the longevity of the tooth
- Restore the ability to speak and chew naturally
- Protect teeth that have had a root canal
- Protect teeth that are structurally compromised because of large fillings
- No shifting or moving because they are cemented in place (no in and out)
How We Place Crowns
A crown is typically placed over the course of two office visits. The procedure is designed to cause minimal discomfort while giving you a long term replacement tooth.
At your first appointment, we capture an accurate and detailed impression of your teeth. The tooth targeted for the crown is prepped and given a temporary crown. In between appointments, the crown is fabricated to match the color of your teeth and dimensions of your bite.
Once your crown is ready, we will call you back to our office. During this appointment, the temporary crown is removed and the final crown is placed and adjusted for comfort and performance.
Comfort Isn't Far from Home
We provide high quality dental crowns in the Zanesville, Ohio and Logan, Ohio area. Contact us today to schedule your crown appointment.