From coffee to burgers, the food and drinks we consume everyday gradually deposit bacteria and plaque on our teeth. While twice daily brushing removes the majority of these agents, a bi-annual cleaning and exam gets rid of the harmful buildup in hard to reach places around the teeth and allows us to catch smaller problems before they become potentially larger ones.
We Help You Keep Your Smile Clean And Healthy
Making time for a general exam and cleaning today could save you from expensive complications down the road. At these appointments, we help you prevent cavities, gum disease, bad breath and other dental complications at the earliest stages. Here’s how:
- Discuss complications you may be having with your teeth or mouth
- Listen to the goals you have for your smile
- Carefully check for early signs of tooth decay or gum disease
- Give helpful advice to strengthen your oral hygiene habits
- Gently remove plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Evaluate how your mouth moves and monitor the performance of your bite
- If necessary, investigate problem areas further with x-rays
- Examine for potential signs of oral cancer
- Review your medical history to identify risk factors like diabetes or high blood pressure
Some Friendly Advice
The best way to keep your teeth healthy and strong is to be diligent about regular dental hygiene and preventative exams. How often should you schedule your routine appointment? For most adults and children, we recommend one appointment every six months.
However, if you are experiencing pain in your teeth or bleeding in your gums, contact us to schedule an appointment immediately.
Ready To Schedule Your Appointment?
With convenient hours and locations in Zanesville, Ohio and Logan, Ohio, we make it easy to schedule your routine exam. Contact us and we’ll work to find a time that works best for your schedule.